My collection of bookmarks concerned with XML resources on the web (the site is called XML entity) is online, however, the collection can be classified as "classical" which means that it is quite outdated.
My research focussed on active databases, data intensive web
sites (declarative web site management), web services, and interorganizational
workflow management systems.
Proof-of-concept prototypes are available for Self-Maintaining Web Pages and Composite Events for XML.
The research resulted in my PhD thesis (available at arxive.org).
(or see my publications at DBLP)
M. Hitz, G. Kappel, E. Kapsammer, W. Retschitzegger:
UML@Work, dpunkt Verlag, 2005. Co-authored chapters on modelling with classes and packages and metamodelling with profiles.
M. Bernauer, G. Kappel, E. Michlmayr: Traceable Document Flows. International Workshop on Web Semantics (WebS), in conjunction with the 15th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA), Zaragoza, Spain, 2003.
- M. Bernauer, G. Kramler, G. Kappel: Representing XML Schema in UML - A Comparison of Approaches. Proceedings of the International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE), Munich, Germany, July 2004.
- M. Bernauer, G. Kramler, G. Kappel: Composite Events for XML. Proceedings of the 13th World Wide Web Conference (WWW13), New York, U.S.A., May 2004. (more information, prototype etc.)
- M. Bernauer, G. Kramler, G. Kappel: Comparing WSDL-based and ebXML-based Approaches for B2B Protocol Specification. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC), 2003, Trento, Italy.
- M. Bernauer, G. Kramler, G. Kappel, W. Retschitzegger: Specification of Interorganizational Workflows - A Comparison of Approaches. Proceeding of the 7th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI), Orlando, USA, 2003.
- M. Bernauer, G. Kappel, G. Kramler: Approaches to Implementing
Active Semantics with XML Schema. International Workshop
on Web Semantics (WebS), in conjunction with the 14th International Conference
on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA), Prague, Czech Republic,
- M. Bernauer, G. Kappel, G. Kramler: Approaches for Implementing
Tailored Metaschemas in XML (Short). International Conference on Advanced
Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE), Velden, Austria, June 2003.
- M. Bernauer, M. Schrefl: Self-Maintaining Web Pages: from Theory to Practice. Data & Knowledge Engineering, 48(1), 2004, pp. 39-73, Elsevier Science. (more information, prototype etc.)
- M. Schrefl, M. Bernauer, E. Kapsammer, B. Pröll, W. Retschitzegger,
and T. Thalhammer: The Self-Maintaining Web Pages Approach. Information Systems Journal, 28(8), pp. 1005-1036, 2003, Elsevier Science.
(Paper at Science Direct).
- M. Schrefl, M. Bernauer: Active XML Schemas.
Proceedings of the International Workshop on Conceptual Modeling Approaches for e-Business (eCOMO)
held in conjunction with the 20th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER),
Yokohama, Japan, 2001. (Abstract, Slides, Paper at Springer Link).
Martin Bernauer 2003-05